A 140-year tradition that combines the classics – extraordinary animal performances, captivating clown escapades and daring high-wire acts – with contemporary surprises and thrills to make the circus-going experience memorably unique and a family tradition handed down from generation to generation With three independent units, Red, Blue and Gold, Ringling Bros. hosts millions of visitors and trav
els to more than 90 cities in North America each year.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® searched far and wide, from north to south and east to west, to bring audiences spellbinding acts, including:
- The Shaolin Warriors, from China, execute intense and fearless Kung Fu martial arts dating back to the 5th Century. Trained at an early age to become masters of their discipline, the Shaolin Warriors demonstrate powerful concentration and skill by using rapid movements and the sheer strength of their own bodies to twist eight foot long metal rods; break six foot long wooden poles in one precise strike; or be lifted seven feet in the air on the points of five handheld spears. Not even 16 steel blades rotating within a metal ring of fire can unnerve the steady mind of a Shaolin Warrior as he jumps through the razor-sharp blaze blindfolded!
- The Riders of the Wind, a dozen of the most deftly-balancing Cossack riders, charge into the ring on their thoroughbred horses, displaying great strength and amazing dexterity. The equestrian acrobat riders perform intricate maneuvers on horseback, including a double-man pyramid that builds to a remarkable Roman riding five-man high pyramid, all while the horses are galloping at full speed!
- The Globe of Steel features the Torres Family who will shatter all records by putting eight family members on specialized motorcycles. Once locked inside a 16-foot steel globe, all together they will orbit at an unprecedented 65 miles per hour within inches of each other.
- Hailing from Great Britain and appearing in the United States for the first time, Alexander Lacey, trainer and award winning presenter, along with his big cats including tigers and lions, summons brazen bravado and valor in one mixed cat display. Lacey’s fearless command of the big cats’ agility and strength demonstrates unconditional respect between man and predator.
- Featured in a dazzling aerial display, Viktoriya Medeiros and Widny Neves, the Hair Hang Heroines ascend 35-feet in the air from just the strands of their long dark hair. Relying on the pure strength of their hair, they juggle, flip and even spiral down a silk chiffon!
- The Flying Caceres, with their double decker high trapeze designed specifically for Ringling Bros., will soar elegantly through the air at The Greatest Show On Earth. They will present the wildly difficult forward triple somersault and in the first worldwide attempt, troupe leader George Caceres will undertake a full twisting double bar-to-bar somersault.
- A whimsical, heartwarming and awe inspiring display of showmanship brings an animal menagerie from 10 pounds to 10,000 pounds only found at Ringling Bros. Presents DRAGONS. Treasured Ringling Bros. Asian elephants, the largest herd of any circus in North America, are presented in an incredible spectacle of majestic wonder and strength. Andre McClain presents a charming display of mixed hoofstock including horses, ponies, mini-donkeys, and goats; Hans Klose with his ten high-energy rescue dogs display their animal athleticism by high jumping, hurdling, back flipping, walking on their hind legs and even diving from 16-feet up in the air; and, Mayya and Andriy Panfilov amaze as their troupe of performing domestic felines scale a “kitty low wire”, balance on top of balls, jump through hula hoops and walk across parallel bars only using their front paws.
- In a friendly tournament of Russian Bar Renegades and Teeterboard Titans, two amazing acrobatic troupes attempt to outdo one another as they vault from a 12-foot long, six inch wide Russian bar showcasing an overwhelming series of flips, twists and somersaults sequences. These athletes will astonish as they ramp it up by securing themselves to six foot tall stilts before being launched from the teeterboard, executing not a just single, not even a double but an unbelievable triple somersault!
- Roaring through the arena sky is the dueling double motorcycle high-wire! Hearts will pound as two daredevil riders race their motorcycles on specially designed high-wires suspended 30-feet over the audience. Precariously poised from each bike are beautiful aerialists who feed the flames of excitement with flips and spins all while on the moving bikes!
- An hour before show time, audiences can join Ringling Bros. talented performers and learn new circus skills at the All Access Pre-show, FREE with your ticket!
- Audience members can get up close and personal with Ringling Bros. performers to take photos, get autographs and learn circus skills at the All Access Pre-show.
- Circus-goers can meet some of Ringling Bros. majestic animals, see a pachyderm paint a portrait and learn more about Ringling Bros. commitment to elephant conservation at the All Access Pre-show.
- The All Access Pre-show is the only place where you can register for a chance to win a masterpiece created by one of Ringling Bros. artistic Asian elephants.
- Ringling Bros.® Animal Open HouseSM
- Opening 90 minutes before show time, the Ringling Bros. Animal Open HouseSM is FREE to all ticketholders.At the Animal Open House, visitors can learn about Ringling Bros. biggest stars, our Asian Elephants, and our commitment to animal conservation through informative kiosks, audio tours, or by asking one of our dedicated animal care team members.
Enter code: BLOG, Short On Cents readers can save $5 on select Ringling Bros. tickets online HERE
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® is coming to the St. Louis area and launching an all new production DRAGONS for a 90-city US Tour. Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Presents DRAGONS is a once in a millennium event that honors the year of the Dragon. Circus performers from the farthest reaches of the earth have assembled for Ringling Bros. presents DRAGONS to showcase their astounding acts of bravery and astonishing athleticism. Ringling Bros. Ringmaster Jonhathan Lee Iverson presides over this fantastical celebratory tournament of circus champions that brings together mystic dragon lore with authentic circus feats. DRAGONS is a never-before-seen blend of renowed spiritual and real life legends that can only be found on the greatest show on earth.
The anticipation builds throughout the Ringling Brothers presents DRAGONS as children of all ages bear witness to one phenomenal Ringling Bros. circus act after another, from Shaolin Kung Fu Warriors, charging Cossack riders, magnificent Asian Elephants, fierce tigers to the frenzied Globe of Steel. As the audience observes these and even more real world displays that pay tribute to the Dragon, their continued excitement will bring glimpses of the elusive beast. But the big questions remains; what will it take to lure a true dragon from it's golden lair.?
St. Louis Area Show Times/Dates
Scottrade Center St. Louis, Missouri
- Show Dates:Show Time:
- Thu, Oct 117:00PM
- Fri, Oct 1210:30AM, 7:00PM
- Sat, Oct 131:00PM, 5:00PM
- Sun, Oct 1412:00PM, 4:00PM
ONLINE: Click on the showtimes to the left to purchase tickets (Receive your tickets via e-mail through ticketFast -- learn more)
BY PHONE: Call 1-800-745-3000 to reserve your seats.
GROUP SALES INFO: Call 314-622-5454.
$75.00 (Circus Celebrity)
$50.00 (Front Row)
$20.00 (Lower Bowl)
$15.00 (Upper Bowl)
$75.00 (Circus Celebrity)
$50.00 (Front Row)
$20.00 (Lower Bowl)
$15.00 (Upper Bowl)
For more information about the show, you can visit us at www.Ringling.com.
The Giveaway: 4 tickets to the Sunday Oct. 14th 4:00 PM showing for one (1) Short On Cents Reader.
- Like me on Facebook HERE
- Like Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey on Facebook HERE
- Tell me your favorite memory of the circus when you were a child or what your most excited about with their new show DRAGONS!
Make sure with each comment to leave an email address in case your chosen as the winner. The winner will have 24 hours to respond or new winner will be chosen in your place. GOOD LUCK! Make sure also when entering you will be available to attend the showing on Sunday Oct. 14th 4:00 PM and will be in the St. Louis Area. Giveaway Ends 10/8/12.